Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Am I now a true Ferrara resident???

Ferrara, I have decided, trumps Portland when it comes to rain. The last few days have been miserable because all it has done is rain, rain and rain some more. Today I mastered the new, and very helpful, skill of riding a bike while holding my umbrella. When I first saw people doing this I thought to myself, no I can't do that it's too dangerous, but today when I had to ride my bike to class in the pouring rain (and I really do mean pouring!) I decided that I must acquire that skill. So I tried it out and it actually wasn't as hard as it looked but still a tad bit difficult. So now I ask myself and you my faithful readers this question - If I can ride my bike, in both a torrential down pour and extremely windy weather, while going the wrong way down a skinny one-way street with a car coming towards me while holding my umbrella and still manage not to fall of my bike and get killed then does that mean I've become a true Ferrara resident or just crazy???

No comments: