Me and my "borrowed" bikeA little while ago I was going out with some girlfriends for the evening. We went downstairs to unlock our bikes from the bike rack outside of our building and when I went to unlock mine I found that not only was my lock on my tire but there was someone else’s lock on my tire. Well at first I was really pissed because this meant that I couldn’t take my bike because it was still locked up to the bike rack with some strange lock on it but luckily for me the bike next to mine was unlocked. Because of this I assumed that whoever locked up my bike did it by accident thinking that they were locking up their bike that was right next to mine. Well we were already late going into town and I really needed a bike so I took the one that was next to mine! I assumed that I would return the bike when I got back because the person would unlock my bike or I would keep this one and they would have mine. But no, I was wrong. My bike stayed in the exact same spot for a week and a half. Now why would someone just randomly lock up my bike! Thankfully I had this other bike otherwise I would have been really upset. Yes I know whoever’s bike I stole was probably madder than I was but hey I needed a bike too! All right after almost 2 weeks of just seeing my bike sitting there I decided to take action. I couldn’t really ask the apartment people if they had bolt cutters because first I have a hard time communicating with them and second were they really going to cut off a lock for me. I didn’t think so, so the only other thing that I could think of was to try and pick the lock. Well, me and all of my lock picking experience figured this wouldn’t work but it was worth a shot. Really what was I going to lose at this point? So Sami and I set off to try and pick the lock with a bobby pin and a metal nail file. Well much to both of our surprises we were able to open the lock! I used the nail file on the top part of the lock and Sami used the bobby pin on the bottom part and together we somehow managed to do it. The best part is that it took us less than 5 minutes!!!
Here I am picking the lock
I couldn't have done it without Sami!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment