It is only three weeks into the new semester and I can say that I have already had more doubts about being here and homesickness feelings than I ever had the whole of last semester. Last semester was all about arriving in a foreign country and having the experience of a lifetime; I thought that the second semester would be similar but so far I’ve been mistaken. This last month, I would have to say has been one of the hardest months that I have experienced ever. I don’t want you guys to get the wrong idea because I do truly love Italy and living here has been amazing but I have asked myself on numerous occasions lately ‘why am I still here?’ I won’t go into why I’m having all these feelings because I know that to an outsider they would sound petty considering where I’m living and what I’m getting to experience but living in a foreign country for a year isn’t always as grand as you would imagine. Sorry that this blog isn’t as happy and exciting as most but I felt that it needed to be said. I don’t want any pity or you guys to feel sad for me...although a phone call or care package wouldn't be too bad, lol :)
On the lighter side I’m going to Venice on Tuesday for Carnevale!!!! It’s going to be CRAZY and I’m sure that I’ll have some amazing stories from it. Also I was informed that this last Thursday was Fat Thursday…I have never heard of this day before and when my host mom informed me of this I thought that maybe she meant to say Fat Tuesday but nope in Italy they also have Fat Thursday…kind of interesting.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment