
Last week was Carnevale in Venice and of course I went. It was a lot of fun but a little different then what I was expecting. We got there around 3:30 and hunted for masks until we each found the perfect ones. Then of course we started drinking! By about 8 or 9 most of us were pretty well hammered but it made the night a whole lot more interesting. There was a huge concert in San Marco and there was this amazing band that performed. I don’t know what their name was but it was a group of 4 really hot girls and they played the fiddle and just had a really great sound to them, kind of an Irish/bluegrass/country mix (ok that sounds kind of odd but take my word for it, they were amazing.) I really wish I knew their name because I would totally go and see them again. Anyways the best part of the evening came when everyone, and I mean pretty much everyone that was in Venice and not just in our program, decided that they had to catch the last train out at midnight. It was this huge crowd that was basically running down all of these tiny little streets. It was a little crazy. Then one of the girls from the program decided she wanted to feel how cold the water was in the Grand Canal. She started to walk down these marble steps that lead directly into the water but the very first one was covered in algae and she slipped and fell in!!!! There were some Italians that immediately started singing and clapping this song that they have for when tourists fall in the water (it goes something like Shit, Shit, you fell in!) She was completely soaked from head to toe and smelled so bad!!!! Poor girl, but it has to be by far the funniest thing that has happened since I have been here.

No comments:
Post a Comment